Wow! So, this was a first for me I was recently nominated for Bloggers Recognition Award from a pretty amazing blogger, Rated By Hanna, thank you Hanna! I have been working on my travel blog on and off again for the past two years and it feels good to know someone might recommend what I have to say about travels and adventures.
What is the Bloggers Recognition Award?
It’s a way of appreciation between bloggers, as we all know how much time, effort and enthusiasm we put into each article. These are the rules:
- The nominee writes a post, thanking the nominator. Common courtesy.
- Nominee shares a brief story about how the blog started.
- Nominee shares 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the award!
Where it All Began
I took a one-way ticket to Europe and after traveling for a few months I had learned so much, had hundreds of stories, thousands of pictures and I didn’t know what to do with it all. One day I stumbled across a blog titled “How to Start Your Very Own Blog.” After that, I was hooked. For several months I stumbled around in the darkness of the blogging world until I launch my own adventure blog and since then my creative outlet has been an adventure in of itself. I love blogging, I love writing but mostly I love sharing my adventures, the lessons I have learned, and the advice I can pass on to others.
A few tips for my fellow bloggers:
- Join a bunch of Facebook groups related to your niche. Find groups with over 2,000 members and be sure to interact with people.
- It really helps to use the Yoast SEO Plugin. It will help your blog appear on Google with the proper format, and high-quality keywords and tags.
- Having internal and external links in all of your blog post will definitely bring more traffic to your site and allow people on your page to click through other articles on your blog.
- Use high-quality photos! Be picky about what you post on all platforms.
- Rate by Hanna – She’s a sassy blogger who has lots of opinions and writes great reviews on topics that leave you thinking long after reading her articles.
- A Bite of Culture – Studying abroad in Italy, Jamie writes all things travel, food and culture related.
- The Traveling Ginger – An amazing blogger and with a beautiful story, this traveling ginger has so much to share in the way of travel and adventure.
- The Wayfaring Voyager – a very accomplished blogger Alex writes to inspire millennials around the world to travel.
- Hangry by Nature – Hangry by Nature shifts conventional ideas that having kids mean the end of travel. She and her family have many adventures together and they have some hilarious stories to share.
- Native Vagabonds – Sisters living in NY blogging about their love-hate of the city that they live in: lifestyle, food, events. This is an edgy and adventurous story of local and international travel.
- Seeking Neverland – A blog to really inspire others to travel and find their adventure, Alison’s carefree personality shines through in her blogging to help other adventurers find their story.
- My Suitcase Journeys – A sweet blog about all things travel and has great insight to Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Nina Near and Far – Nina shows that you can pursue your educational and career goals and be a traveler.
- Passport Voyager – Born in California, living in NYC, Sierra shares all things travel and blogging. Not to mention her beautiful photos.
- 100cobbledroads – Punita has a long list of things to do and places to see, follow her adventures through 100 cobbled roads.
- A Blonde and her Passport – Jess an Australian traveler of 32 countries, she is a solo traveler with a quirky personality.
- Travel with Mia – After quitting her corporate job Mia became a flight attendant and has plenty of advice to give about money-saving tips, travel advice, city guides, and trustworthy reviews.
- Get Lost with Jackie – A travel and lifestyle blogger, Jackie, whose first inspiration came from traveling to lovely Bali.
- Blocal Blog – this is a unique blog about travel and street art. Giulia finds and documents unexplored parts of the world that will not often be found in any travel guide.
Click around to read more about my travel and adventures.